We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This clause sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or which you provide to us, will be processed by us. By visiting our website you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this clause.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- (a) to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- (b) to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- (c) to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on checkout.
- (d) to notify you about changes to our service;
- (e) to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- (a) to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- (b) to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- (c) to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- (d) as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- (e) to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- (f) to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Disclosure of your information:
- (a) We may share your personal information with any member of our group or with selected third parties including business partners, suppliers, advertisers and advertising networks, and analytics and search engine providers.
- (b) We may disclose your personal information to our professional advisors or if we are under a duty to do so in order to comply with any legal obligation.
Where we store your personal data
- (b) Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- (c) Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- (a) You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting our Customer Services team.
- (b) Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
- (a) The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.